With over a decade of specialization in complex diseases of the brain and spine, Dr. Keyne K. Johnson brings a unique vision to pediatric neurosurgery — exceptional care with compassion and commitment. She is a board certified pediatric neurosurgeon who received her training in neurosurgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. She completed further training with a pediatric neurosurgery fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, TX. Since then, she has developed an outstanding expertise in epilepsy, brain tumor removal, complex spine surgery, minimally invasive spine and brain surgery as well as endoscopy.
Since 2008, Dr. Johnson has been based in Orlando, bringing a host of novel techniques to Central Florida. She has treated a myriad of diseases including cervical spine instability, scoliosis and Moya Moya disease. She is a fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Assistant Professor at the University of Central Florida School of Medicine. Dr. Johnson has presented her research at numerous national meetings, is published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and has trained internationally. She feels her greatest, most cherished accomplishments are her supportive husband and two sons, Carson and Harrison.
- Brain Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- Cervical Spine Instability
- Disc Disease
- Spina Bifida/Tethered Cord
8/97-5/01 – MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA. Degree conferred May 21, 2001.
8/93-4/97 – BS Neuroscience and Africana Studies with Honors, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. Degree conferred April 1997.
- Florida Medical Society
- American Associations of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- AANS/CNS Section on Tumors
- AANS/CNS Section on the Spine
- American Medical Association
- Southern Neurological Association
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- Student National Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society